Year One

One year ago today, I launched www.ki-chan.org, launched a new Facebook page, and decided to turn 21 years of dreams and loose sketches, into a book series.

One year ago today, I swallowed my fear and anxiety so I could share with the world something so private, I couldn't even tell my closest friends about it.

One year ago today, I decided to prepare myself to launch that November a 185 page light novel, about an eighteen year old girl with a yellow baseball cap, a speech impediment and a dark past, sent by alien gods to fight demons.

One year ago today, I decided that I wanted to like the person starring me back in the mirror each morning, and the first step I had to take was in sharing my dream with the world.

One year ago today, I decided to take control of my future.

Today, I am celebrating the anniversary of the day my childhood dreams took flight.

... Literally. 

In one year, not only has Ki-Chan: Demon Hunter been published in four formats to Amazon, CreateSpace and for Kindle, but now it's available through Barnes and Noble.

In one year, I've gone from being the "crazy whore nobody wants alive" to an author people actually want to talk to and talk about, in a nice way. In public!

In one year, I've gone from hiding these crazy dreams in a notebook to living them out loud.

In one year, I have let my childhood dreams, my midnight characters, my nightmares and sweet dreams, take me to places I never knew I could go to.

In one year, I took back my life, took back all of my names on the internet, took back control complete strangers - wastes of life, most of them - had on my social life, my internet history and even over my own self image, and took ownership of my future legacy.

In one year, I have transformed into someone I can actually look forward to seeing in the mirror.

And it only took one year, and one girl in a yellow baseball cap.

Comments

Popular Posts